Wednesday 21 January 2009

My comments re Twitter surpasses Digg as it surges on Inauguration day - Gordon's Republic - Blogs - Brand Republic

Twitter surpasses Digg as it surges on Inauguration day - Gordon's Republic - Blogs - Brand Republic

Great post Gordon  

am new too all this, I get Twitter more than blogging, I definitely now can go through more 'news', and updates, across media, finance, gaming, telecoms, US/Europe/Asia much more than previously..  

twitting is much quicker, as I found blogging hard work as my expectation of a good blog post takes a lot more work.. However, my comments re potential success for Twitter for mass market adoptions is one of TRUST:  

1.) Identification, @Wossy @WillCarling now we know are real thing, but how do we know @GordonM is you and @GarethWong is me? we have seen too many 'pretenders' since I restarted using the system.  

2.) shortened links, we have a great trust at the moment, because it is early adopters, and we 'trust' everyone would not put malicious links up (touch wood).. we need some kind of ways via API and the twitter system to make sure the links are NOT malicious going forward..  

3.) tweetups and festivals.. great initiatives.. but once again, they are useful for party goers but seems to me they are same bunch of people mostly.. guess it is just a fad, and may have more 'focus' with some 'camp' type events, still, I don't see many senior figures signing up to these in present formats.. no doubt it will be evolved ..  

I am still learning, these are my present observations and keen to learn to see if my observations are correct or maybe I missed something?  

BR @GarethWong

No comments: